All PEs are required to complete two PDHs in engineering ethics. MSOE offers three options to fulfill this requirement:
- a 100 percent online course
- a professional development course offered on MSOE’s downtown campus or at your company location
- an undergraduate course in ethics for engineers. To add your name to an email list to receive notification of upcoming engineering ethics offerings, click here.
- Complete an MSOE graduate or undergraduate course that extends PE knowledge into another topical area. PEs must complete a free online application as a graduate or non-degree candidate to enroll in regular courses. A three-credit course provides 30 PDHs. Courses that earn credit will be reported to the learner on a transcript to provide the needed documentation to the state. For more information, contact Katie Gassenhuber at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414)277-7208.
- Attend an MSOE professional development course offered through MSOE Continuing Studies and Outreach. Participants receive one PDH for each contact hour, and will receive a Certificate of Completion from MSOE as documentation for the state. For additional information, contact Rita Derleth at email@example.com or (414)277-2334.
- Attend an MSOE custom education or training session conducted at your company’s site. MSOE can offer professional development courses at company locations via a contractual agreement. Participants receive one PDH for each contact hour, and will receive a certificate of completion from MSOE as documentation for the state. For additional information, contact Rita Derleth at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414)277-2334.
- Develop and present an engineering-related topic at a Professional Engineers Advancing Knowledge (PEAK) education event sponsored by MSOE; or just attend a PEAK education event. If a PE chooses to present at a PEAK event, PDH credit is earned the first time the presentation is delivered. PDHs for presentations developed and delivered are earned at two PDHs per hour of delivery. For additional information, contact Brittney Lynn at email@example.com or (414)277-2345.